Every Parent’s Fear
Your child has just called you. He received a phone call or a letter from his school. A violation of the school’s disciplinary code of conduct has been filed. Now with so many questions you are searching for answers.
• Can you trust the school to handle your child’s case fairly?
• Do you trust the school to issue a fair and just punishment?
• What gives your child the best chance of success against the charges?
It’s obviously a difficult and scary time. Over the years I’ve spoken with many parents at this stage. Sometimes it’s a minor violation. I advise them how to proceed, explain the likely punishment and tell them that hiring an attorney isn’t necessary.
What if it’s serious?
Other times you can’t delay. I advise these parents to hire me right away, to immediately evaluate the school’s case, to start planning your child’s defense, to contact witnesses, get statements and review and obtain additional evidence. Most critical, your child should speak with me right away, as soon as they learn of the charges, before giving a statement.
Stressful for good reasons
Disciplinary hearings are serious, difficult matters and take a toll on the entire family. Your child is being charged with an offense and the school’s priority isn’t protecting their rights. Your child’s fate is in the hands of a panel of peers and paid employees that are untrained, unqualified, and hardly impartial. Schools limit everything from witnesses to evidence.
My best advice – Call me
Before you do anything, before life-altering decisions are made or a statement is given, you need to speak with an attorney to get the information you need. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To make sure you get expert guidance right away, know that there is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
Beginning your child’s defense
Experienced legal advice is urgently needed if you want a fair hearing and just results for your child. These cases are fast-moving so you have to understand that you’re in a fluid, right-now situation. I get to work right away and as soon as I’m hired I take immediate action:
- I meet with your child either in person or by video.
- I’ll instruct your child not to communicate in any way with school personnel or anyone involved in the incident until we’ve constructed a strategy to deal with the school.
- We’ll discuss the incident in depth so I fully understand what happened, to begin to crafting your child’s defense
- I determine if there is evidence to gather, witness statements to take, or if a private investigator experienced in working in the college environment is required.
- I will undertake a comprehensive review of the School’s Code of Conduct.
What Previous Clients Are Saying
Mr. Limmer was very professional, knowledgeable and reassuring during a very unsettling time for my son (and family). Scott has experience in dealing with college based disciplinary claims and was very available to both my son and myself to offer practical, wise advice. He was easy and very 'real' to talk to, helping my son get the best outcome from a difficult situation. We appreciated his help and would recommend him without hesitation.AnonCollege Defense